Current Job Openings
We provide our students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence to the utmost of their abilities, to learn to manage change, to learn to live and work in harmony with others and their environment and thus to grow into caring, intelligent and productive citizens. We achieve this through the dedication of highly professional staff and with the active cooperation of family and community members.
The area consists of a number of small, clean, safe and progressive communities set in the picturesque Purcell, Monashee and Selkirk mountain ranges. Forestry, mining and tourism are the major industries. Residents enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities, from the developed and undeveloped hot spring areas to world-class trout fishing, kayaking, boating, golfing, skiing and skidooing.
Arrow Lakes school district encompasses the communities of: Edgewood, New Denver, and Nakusp.
We are proud of the following initiatives:
- District Writers’ Festival;
- Integrated Community Model Development, including the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy programs and coordination with preschools through the Healthy Families Committee;
- “Spring and Fall Into Learning” program at Lucerne Elementary-Secondary School; and
- Expanded course options for secondary students, including BAA courses, e-learner courses and access to distributed learning.
Cultural activities include events sponsored by the Arrow Lakes Arts Council, Nakusp Music Fest, Hills Garlic Festival and the Whatschan Music Fest. Families enjoy hockey, figure skating and curling at the recreation centre and golfing at any of the area’s three golf courses. Trail rides and horse riding clubs are also popular.
Draw for Employees
Our employees are highly supported with professional growth activities, small class sizes and safe and caring work environments. Our staff enjoy ready access to the outdoors and can participate in activities ranging from gold panning and prospecting to gardening and fishing.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about each district’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to Arrow Lake’s collective agreement.