Starting your career in BC
Here’s what you need to know to start a fulfilling career in teaching or a rewarding career in a non-teaching role in BC.
Applying for a teaching certificate
Follow this step-by-step guide to obtain a BC teaching certificate.
Register for an account
Apply to hundreds of career opportunities by registering for a free account today!
Find jobs in BC
Search our job board for the latest opportunities in BC's schools, facilities, and district offices.
News & Events
The latest employment news, hiring trends, job fair and information session dates in BC education.
Meet the Ontario teacher who moved from a city of 16 million to a British Columbia town of 75,000 to pursue his dreams
When Jason Schwartz decided he was ready to come back to Canada to live and work, he attracted interest from employers across the country. Read More
Featured Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Kindergarten Teacher, Peace River North SD 60
- Online Special Education Educator K-12, SelfDesign Learning Foundation
- Inclusion Support Teacher, Pacific Rim SD 70
Management & Professionals
- School Technologist, Greater Victoria SD 61
- Secretary Treasurer, Southeast Kootenay SD 5
- Assistant Superintendent, SD 35
- Accounting and Data Manager, Sea to Sky SD 48
- HVAC Technician II, North Vancouver SD 44
- Safety & Wellness Advisor, Kamloops-Thompson SD 73
- District Principal, Indigenous Ed, Quesnel SD 28
- Associate Superintendent, Quesnel SD 28
- Vice Principals, Central Okanagan SD 23
How We Can Help
Learn more about the variety of roles in the education sector, how to apply for jobs, and how to jump-start your career.
Explore British Columbia's communities and find the right place for you to start and grow your career.
Schools & Districts
Learn more about BC's K-12 employers, the roles they're recruiting for, and what they can offer you as an employee.
Find information about applying for jobs, salaries, relocating to BC, and why a career in education is right for you.
Careers in BC Education
Learn more about careers in teaching, leadership, exempt, and support staff roles with BC's public, independent, First Nations, and offshore schools.
Learn More About Make a Future
Since 2008, Make a Future has been the official education careers job board for K-12 employers in British Columbia.