Teaching contracts in Surrey, Vancouver, and other Metro school districts are extremely desirable and highly sought-after. This creates a highly competitive job market, but there’s no better time to look for a job than now.
The number of available positions in Metro school districts is limited; however, if you apply at the right time, and your training is in a particular area that’s in demand, you may be in luck.
Generally, school districts conduct the bulk of their hiring in May, June, and September. Six Metro region school districts are currently looking to fill a variety of full-time, part-time, and on-call assignments.
The teaching areas with the greatest number of job postings are Special Education and French Immersion.
Here is a list of current teaching opportunities as of June 19, 2014. If you have an interest in any of these positions, click on the school district name for more information.
Surrey School District No. 36
- Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Vancouver School District No. 39
- Teachers-on-Call – French Immersion
- District Resource Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Hairdressing Teacher On-Call
Coquitlam School District No. 43
- French Immersion – On call
North Vancouver School District No. 44
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Elementary and Secondary Teacher-Counsellors
- Secondary French Immersion Teacher – On Call & District On Call – Sciences Naturelles
- Itinerant Elementary Strings Teacher
- International Baccaulaureate TTOC’s
- Teacher on Call – Secondary
- Elementary French Immersion Teacher on Call & District on Call
- District on Call Teacher – Technological Education
- Teacher on Call – Elementary
- Special Education Teachers
- Aboriginal Success Teacher
- Secondary FSL and Spanish TTOC’s
West Vancouver School District No. 45
- Chemistry Teacher
Sea to Sky School District No. 48
- French Immersion
- French Immersion – Teacher-On-Call
- Cooks Training 11,12 Teacher
There are six other Metro Vancouver school districts in Richmond, Delta, Burnaby, New Westminster, and Conseil Scolaire Francophone.
If you don’t see a position that’s right for you, remember check Makeafuture.ca regularly for the latest employment listings.