- Intermediate Teacher – Tsilhqot'in/Carrier/Sekani
- Principal – Parkland Secondary School – School District #63 (Saanich)
- Principal – Saanich International Student Program (SISP) – School District #63 (Saanich)
- High School Teacher – Kaska/Dene/Tahltan/Tagish/Inland Tlingit/Tsek’ene
- Elementary Learning Support Teacher – Kwakwaka’wakw/Heiltsuk/Nuxalk/Oweekeno
- Grade 4/5 Teacher – Kwakwaka’wakw/Heiltsuk/Nuxalk/Oweekeno
- Grade 1 – 2 Teacher – Kaska/Dene/Tahltan/Tagish/Inland Tlingit/Tsek’ene
- on call teachers – Nuu-chah-nulth/Coast Salish
- Teacher – Tsilhqot'in/Carrier/Sekani
- Elementary – Kaska/Dene/Tahltan/Tagish/Inland Tlingit/Tsek’ene
- nsylxcn Language and Culture teacher – Kootenay/Okanagan
- Teacher On-Call – Nuu-chah-nulth/Coast Salish
- Primary Teacher (Lilawagila School) – Kwakwaka’wakw/Heiltsuk/Nuxalk/Oweekeno
- Intermediate Teacher (Lilawagila School) – Kwakwaka’wakw/Heiltsuk/Nuxalk/Oweekeno
- Elementary Counselling – Kwakwaka’wakw/Heiltsuk/Nuxalk/Oweekeno
We are a learning community where positive relationships are modeled and nurtured. We believe that learning requires the active participation of the learner, is an individual and a social process and occurs in varying ways and at different rates. Inclusive schools, unique and diverse programs, quality instruction and a strong professional learning community have led to excellent results and a positive environment for everyone.
The Saanich school district supports all successes for all learners from kindergarten to grade 12, with strong support for students with special needs and for our First Nations and English as a Second Language students. We pride ourselves in having a culture that promotes collaboration and inquiry in support of the best possible outcomes for children and families.
The district offers a range of choices including K-12 French immersion, K-12 French as a Second Language, Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID), trades programs in partnership with Camosun College, a distance education school, an international program for students in grades 8-12, athletics academies for students in grades 9 -12, robust performing arts programs and highly successful extracurricular athletics.
Saanich is a rural community with ready access to the city of Victoria. The community has excellent recreational facilities, arts and cultural centres and other amenities.
Draw for Employees
The Saanich Peninsula is one of the most desirable areas in Canada to live or visit, and is known for its quality of lifestyle and mild climate. Residents enjoy year-round golfing and boating, gardening, access to winter sports and close proximity to both Victoria and Vancouver.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Saanich’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
|School District #63|
|Great Places to Learn and Safe Places to Be|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
|Communities in the District||4|
|Number of Schools||18|
|Number of Students||7,707|
|Number of Employees||900|