- Middle/Secondary School Teachers Teaching-on-Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Elementary/Middle School Teachers Teaching-on-Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Technology Education Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Special Education Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- French Immersion Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
We strive to enable all students to realize their potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a healthy society and a sound economy — both today and in the future. We are committed to improving student learning by:
- improving student transitions (i.e. grade to grade and grade 12 completion)
- improving achievement in numeracy
- improving achievement in literacy.
Our district is located on southern Vancouver Island, adjacent to Victoria, with approximately 25 percent of our residents living in rural areas. We boast a mild climate and spectacular scenery. The district’s educators and support staff are well trained and highly experienced, and our graduates pursue post-secondary education locally and throughout North America.
We offer students a broad range of learning opportunities from kindergarten through grade 12, including Aboriginal education, advanced placement, award-winning music programs, AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), career programs (culinary, carpentry and cosmetology), continuing education, dance, soccer and hockey academies, a fine arts focus school (elementary), K-12 French immersion, an international student program, a middle school program and PACE (Program for Academic and Creative Enrichment).
Approximately 9 percent of our students are Aboriginal and 7.5 percent are in French Immersion programs. As a growing community, we expect to see an increase of 1,000 students by 2013. We are excited about offering our students a growing number of choices and programs.
Draw for Employees
We are committed to attracting and retaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce. We are proud of our warm, welcoming schools, and you just can’t beat our climate and unlimited access to year-round recreation. This is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations AND it’s a great place to work!
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Sooke’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
|School District #62|
|Shaping Tomorrow Today|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Communities in the District||6|
|Number of Schools||25|
|Number of Students||8,300|
|Number of Employees||1,300|