- .315 Grade 1 French Immersion (afternoons) (September 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015 or the return of the incumbent, whichever is ear – School District #62 (Sooke)
- French Immersion Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Dance Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Music/Band/Choir Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Teacher Counselors Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Special Education Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Technology Education Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Secondary Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
- Elementary/Middle School Teachers Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
We strive to enable all students to realize their potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to contribute to a healthy society and a sound economy — both today and in the future. We are committed to improving student learning by:
- improving student transitions (i.e. grade to grade and grade 12 completion)
- improving achievement in numeracy
- improving achievement in literacy.
Our district is located on southern Vancouver Island, adjacent to Victoria, with approximately 25 percent of our residents living in rural areas. We boast a mild climate and spectacular scenery. The district’s educators and support staff are well trained and highly experienced, and our graduates pursue post-secondary education locally and throughout North America.
We offer students a broad range of learning opportunities from kindergarten through grade 12, including Aboriginal education, advanced placement, award-winning music programs, AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), career programs (culinary, carpentry and cosmetology), continuing education, dance, soccer and hockey academies, a fine arts focus school (elementary), K-12 French immersion, an international student program, a middle school program and PACE (Program for Academic and Creative Enrichment).
Approximately 9 percent of our students are Aboriginal and 7.5 percent are in French Immersion programs. As a growing community, we expect to see an increase of 1,000 students by 2013. We are excited about offering our students a growing number of choices and programs.
Draw for Employees
We are committed to attracting and retaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce. We are proud of our warm, welcoming schools, and you just can’t beat our climate and unlimited access to year-round recreation. This is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations AND it’s a great place to work!
|School District #62|
|Shaping Tomorrow Today|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Communities in the District||6|
|Number of Schools||25|
|Number of Students||8,300|
|Number of Employees||1,300|