- Speech-Language Pathaologist – School District #61 (Greater Victoria)
- District Psychologist – School District #61 (Greater Victoria)
We believe that:
- All individuals have the capacity to learn and the power to positively influence the future.
- High expectations are appropriate for all students, and all individuals must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Access to educational opportunity should be equitable.
- Safe, healthy, clean environments enhance working and learning.
- Learning is a personal, lifelong experience.
- Student involvement is vital to the successful operation of the district.
- Schools, parents and the community are partners in education.
Approximately 330,000 people live in the Greater Victoria area, and the population is expected to continue growing. This is a diverse multicultural community where residents are able to enjoy the many facilities and energy associated with living in a provincial capital city and university town.
Schools are small to moderate in size and teachers benefit from strong family and community connections. Programs of choice include French immersion (both early and late immersion); a Challenge program; athletic academies in baseball, soccer, hockey and curling; and a variety of career preparation programs.
Victoria is known for its vibrant arts community, great museums and galleries, and friendly neighbourhoods set amidst a backdrop of magnificent natural scenery and beauty. With the mildest climate in Canada, Victoria is ideal for those who love to garden and enjoy the outdoors.
Draw for Employees
Located on the southeastern tip of Vancouver Island, overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Greater Victoria enjoys the finest climate and lifestyle in Canada. Recreational opportunities abound, from year-round sailing, golfing, hiking, fishing and outdoor team sports to top-quality mountain skiing only a few hours’ drive away.
|School District #61|
|Committed to each student’s success in learning within a responsive and safe environment|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Communities in the District||5|
|Number of Schools||47|
|Number of Students||19,000|
|Number of Employees||3,200|