In the Northern Rockies Regional District, you’ll find a vast and rugged landscape and small, friendly communities. Fort Nelson offers a range of facilities that include a golf course, aquatic centre, arena, curling rink, museum, performing arts and movie theatre, and library. Hiking, boating, wildlife viewing, fishing, snowmobiling and camping are all extremely popular activities in our spectacular northern wilderness.
Our schools boast strong computer facilities and offer students many opportunities in athletics and music. At Fort Nelson Secondary, extracurricular activities include basketball, volleyball, golf and band, and an excellent art and drama program. New to Fort Nelson Secondary is a cosmetology program offered to students in grades 11 and 12.
Fort Nelson has a population of 5,000, with approximately 15 percent of Aboriginal ancestry. There is a strong community spirit, and the district benefits from the support of caring and committed parents and staff, as well as from partnerships with the community and industry in various educational initiatives.
Draw for Employees
Recruitment and Retention Incentive
- All teaching staff receive a pensionable monthly allocation based on their FTE, along with an additional annual compensation of $2,200.
Bonuses & Allowances
- Relocation allowance of $2,100 (paid over 3 years).
- Course bonus of $63 per UBC coursework unit.
- $275 per annum classroom supplies allowance.
- $1,400 per annum personal professional development allowance.
- Northern tax exemption of $5,400 per family.
- Northern travel exemption of approximately $850 per family member.
|School District #81|
|As a Community of Learners We Embrace Opportunities to Build Successful Futures|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Communities in the District||2|
|Number of Schools||5|
|Number of Students||899|
|Number of Employees||117|