- Assistant Supervisor – Maintenance – School District #39 (Vancouver)
- DIRECTOR OF INSTRUCTION – LEARNING SERVICES – School District #39 (Vancouver)
- Community Engagement Coordinator – School District #39 (Vancouver)
- PROJECT MANAGER – School District #39 (Vancouver)
- Disability and Return to Work Advisor – School District #39 (Vancouver)
Also known as the Vancouver School Board (VSB), the Vancouver school district is a large, urban and multicultural school district providing programs to 56,000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12, over 3,000 adults in adult education programs and over 40,000 in continuing education.
The Vancouver School District is among the most diverse public school systems in Canada. In addition to K-12, the district provides educational programs and services to full-time Adult Education and Continuing Education students. Our programs and services address the extraordinary and complex challenges associated with a diverse district. Our goal is to serve the needs and tap the potential of each of our students so that they may achieve their unique potential.
- 25% of K-Grade 12 students are designated ESL
- 60% speak a language other than English at home
- 126 languages have been identified in our schools
- 7% of elementary and secondary students are special education learners
- 9% of elementary students are French Immersion learners
- 16% of students participate in a school meal program
- 2,000 students attend full day kindergarten
- 4% of secondary students are Aboriginal learners
- 2000 self-identified Aboriginal students representing 600 bands and nations attend Vancouver schools
Vancouver School District offers a wide variety of educational choices for students from Kindergarten to grade 12 as well as adult education through our Continuing and International Education Department. There are a diverse programs designed to provide innovative learning experiences for students both inside and outside of the classroom. Some of which include these programs: Montessori, French Immersion, Mandarin bilingual, mini schools, fine and performing arts programs, sports academies, career programs, gifted enrichment education, and an outdoor school.
Vancouver schools are involved in a wide range of partnerships with cultural, arts, and service organizations. The district also offers a multitude of services and program options to meet student interests and needs. The district is also involved in a variety of community programs and initiatives concerning mentorship, health and safety, and literacy.
Draw for Employees
Rated in the top five as one of the most liveable cities in the world, the city itself is the biggest draw for employees. Landscaped with scenic mountain ranges, sandy Pacific beaches, four professional sports teams, international restaurants, an eclectic arts and culture scene, Vancouver is an attractive destination for any outdoors person, gastronome, sports fan and cultural bohemian. As a diverse and community-minded district, the district employs a team of educators, managers, administrators, skilled trades workers, technical personnel, and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives and learning of Vancouver students. In addition, VSB offers competitive salaries and benefits, training and professional development and a flexible work/life balance, your rewarding career can start today.
How to Apply
Search and apply for jobs on Make a Future. Applications will only be accepted when there are active postings available. Do not submit more than one application for the same job posting.
Your application should include the following documents:
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Latest Teaching Report (or final practicum)
- Academic transcripts (for undergraduate degree and BEd)
- Proof of BC Teachers Regulation Branch certification and TQS certification
- The names of two supervisor referees
- Letters of reference (optional)
For Principals and Vice Principals
Submit your application package by mail or drop-off your documents at School District #39, 1580 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC including a the relevant application form. Application forms will be attached to active job postings.
For Exempt (Non-Union) and Management Jobs
Please see individual postings for instructions on applying for specific jobs online or directly through employer. All applications should include a cover letter, resume and references as requested within the advertisement.
For Support Staff (Exempt Positions)
|School District #39|
|CONNECT WITH US:|
|Join us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
|Watch our YouTube|
|Communities in the District||1|
|Number of Schools||108|
|Number of Students||54,000|
|Number of Employees||6,000|